Saturday 27 January 2007

31 Hours




Well what a day! 31 hours of straight work. If you think that you ever feel tired and think that you get the giggles.......I don't think that you have ever giggled as much as us. Thank Goddness that Green Beans coffee house is 24 hours. We went to get an expresso around 400am and I think that we made their day, they were like CUSTOMERS!!!!

right now my eyes are burning out of my head and my skin feels like its going to peel from being so warm. The OR was super warm to make sure the patient was at the right temperature. I think that must have lost about 6 pounds in that time. ( but gained 2 from the triple expresso)

The experience was super but i tell ya, after the 7 surgery you wonder if you can still function properly but everyone gets the job done and to the best of their abililities. Think of the surgeons who are still at work right now becuase specialits can't just leave their patients in ICU or in critical condition. These pictures are both taken at 500 am and thats when we were the most giddy. The surgeons were laughing at us and asked us if we were ever unhappy. They told all of us that we made their jobs easier with just our smiles and attitides

that makes it all worth it to get recanized for the job that we do and we are appriecated. I am going to bed now. it sucks because it is beautiful out but i need some rest. talk to you all soon

8 comments:

mum and dad said...

Hi just trying to see if we can get on your blog. Mom likes your hat. She says she seen this material somewhere before!

Janine said...

Holy Cow! At least you get to have some laughs amongst all that hard work!
Have a good rest,
J

Kerri Mc said...

moss doesn't believ me that you worked for that long!! you must write him and set him straight. navymoss@hotmail
miss ya!!!! Can't believe you are able to do that!!!
Kmc

miss44 said...

Hey you,

I know what you mean about giggling...I did a 26hrs shift in my very short navy career and the things you do or say....can be very funny. I'm going back home(Halifax) in 2 wks to see my man and of crse Pete and Alex. So I'll take care of your men (P&M) for a few days and I might even cook for them, they can't just eat Hdogs and lasagna....

PS Justin is in town...big concert on Wednesday.

Vero

stones said...

Great hat. Love the cowbell stuff...keep it up. Everett knows the SNL piece really well.

Kerri Mc said...

I can not beleive Vero is going to see Justin!! Pink is opening for him you know. Had a chance to see him in Florida, missed it. Boo
Kerri

Joe Salazar said...

Cool site Cool.
My name is Bruce Dickinson, manager for Blue Oyster Cult. I have a fever, and the prescription in "More Cowbell". Keep the blog s coming Crystal Lite. I'll definitely check them out back in Ottawa.
Crazy joe...

Joe Salazar said...

Me again...
Did you check out my blog?
http://joeinkandahar.blogspot.com/