Sunday 21 January 2007

People you meet old and new


Being in Afghanistan you meet so many people both old and new. In the first picture is Adam Houghtaling. We completed Basic Training together along with Warnie in 2000. We spent time together when I first got here and then we are running into each other all the time. Last time I seen him was here at the Market. Its good to see those people again and it makes you realize how small the world really is.
The New...........The British Oral Surgeon. He is a wonderful man, very well mannered and I tell ya he knows his shit. Facial trauma is nothing to him. He was very patient with me the first time we worked together.What I would call a scalpel or a 15 blade he calls a knife. Mosquito forceps to me are snappers to him. Its really interesting that instruments are called so many different names so that will take some adjusting to.....There is a retactor that he just called a tongue retactor but us Canadians call it a sweetheart retactor..............He is taking that name back home with him.
So all in all we both learn from each other and that is an experience of a lifetime. I am really enjoying the ability to work with different nations and take a little bit from everyone and share it with my home.
Peace out

2 comments:

Kerri Mc said...

hey crystal still love the blog!! keep em comin, Moss was wonderin what that guy's name was again, the one from oromocto. I still can not remember. I hada pub crawl last night it was O.K we actually only went o one bar and then Moss picked me up, which was awesome I loved waking up at home and not at my mom's even though that is always convenient. So did I tell you about florida? no cheerleading, so Kim and I are going to just hang with Lynelle. It should be fun, we are still going to watch the competition though. Talk to you soon!!!

Janine said...

That's awesome that you get to see old friends. You look pretty hot in your Army hat! Mason and Ashlyn had a nice time tonight. I think their romance is blossoming already! LOL!!
Love Yu,
J