Saturday 10 February 2007

The Rain and Poop Ponds



It had been raining for 3 days now. It sucks....... The other morning I woke up and my feet were wet and I thought that my boots were floating. We had a leak in our room and well the rain would not let up. In the pictures you will notice the "new Pond" that had formed in betwee

n our barracks. its hard to find a place to walk. the water is probably up past my ankles. With all this rain I am scared that Brown Trout POnd has overflowed. Brown Trout Pond is where they put all of our waste. In the evenings if the wind is blowing a certain way it stinks really bad. God forbid you breath through you mouth because then you almost get a taste. This Morning the smell is really bad. Its not save to go outside with out your gas mask. The Market is suppose to be today but I don't think that they will be bringing their carpets today. I bought one of of the interpretor and iI will send the picture on the blog. It is all hand made BEAUTIFUL!! anyway I think that i am going to put on my bathing suit and swim to breakfast becuase that seems to be the only wasy to get somewhere.

4 comments:

Pete said...

Well hopefully the weather will get better. I know why you want me to send air freshner to kill the bad smell around your shack :)

mum and dad said...

Does it smell like tar? If it does I hate to tell you -- you are not in Afganistan but Whitney Pier CB.

Kerri Mc said...

hey sounds lovely!! boo for poop smells. mason did not really enjoy his hair cut yesterday but he got it and still looked cute! I even used man hairspray onhim!!! hah
Kerri

Mario's said...

Crystal,

I would like to tell you that it gets better as time goes by! But the stench will not get more tolerable. Not much you can so about it! Hope the weather changes for you before your tan fades ;)

God speed!
Mario