Sunday 25 February 2007

Surgery, Beer, and Rocket Attacks



Another Saturday come and gone. Today we had a scheduled power outage for 24 hours. Our power was turned off at 0700 Saturday morning, and it was suppose to e off until 0700 sunday morning but we did get it back last night

. Anyway I went into work yesterday because the hospital was powered by generators so you could acutally do something. It was BBQ and Beer day, It was the Dutch's last day. Anyway at 300 just when the "BAR" was opening a facial case cme through the door. So I scrubbed in and we put some plates in his face. It was almost 600 when we finished, I missed the BBQ and the presentations but when duty calls there isn't much that you could do. The RSM came to find me and told me that he saved my 2 beer for me. PERFECT!!! It was about 800 by the time I had a chance to drink them. There were still some people at the BBQ so it was good. We cat around and drank our beers, Man did they ever taste good. Very smooth, to bad there were only 2 LOL.

So anyway we are sitting around shooting the shit and then we hear this whistle..............we all looked at one another and shortly after was a BIG BANG. We were all lifted slightly off the couch. Good thing i just took my last sip of my beer................off we ran to the bunkers. That is the 3rd rocket since I have been here and it was the scariest one. It was about 200 meters from where we were. That rocket hit home. At thins point if you felt any little bit of the beer, that rocket attack staightened you up pretty fast. So lets just say the rocket ended the night. After the all clear alarm we all grabbed our weapons and headed "home" for another exciting Saturday night in Kandahar.

Its been 1 week since the Chinook incident................Thank god the pagers didin't go off this morning.........knock on wood..

Until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kyla Blois said...

what kind of beer do you get to drink over there???i think i would lose my mind over there, i hate the thought of getting dirty let alone rockets going off!!! good work crystal :)

Janine said...

Gosh - BE CAREFUL OF THOSE DAMNED ROCKETS!!!! Way to ruin a Party!!!
Looking after your zoo next week..... I'll give Murph, Maddy, Maverick and Bernie lots of kisses from you!
Miss yu,
J

Mario's said...

Nothing beats a beer and rocket combo! Talk about living on the edge...Be safe and keep up the good work.
Lots of buzz on parliament hill ref Harper’s announcement today of $200M in aid to Afghanistan...

Mario