Monday 19 March 2007

More Ranges and no Beer for St Paddy's Day





Well its been a while since I have writin on this blog. Things are really getting busy. This weekend was another busy one. The other night we lost a little girl that was caught in the cross fire of a suicide Bomber. It was the hardest day yet. Seeing the innocence of a child. She was about 7 years old. I have found it hard to sleep the past couple of nights but I have to continue to think that this is why I am here. To try and help those who need it and I know that we can't save everyone.

On the good side, the little boy that we did the brain surgery on the other week, He is doing awesome and he was discharged a couple of days ago. He was walking and talking. That made my heart melt.

We didn't get beer for St Paddy's day but honestly even if there was Saturday was not the day to drink beer. The day defore that we all gathered for a group picture and as you can see I am my usual self. Goofing off to keep the spirits up. Then that afternoon we were back at the ranges. I am a killer LOL in the last picture it just shows you how hot it is, that is sweat. I thought that I have lost 5 pounds on the ranges alone. Its almost the end of March and

I am looking forward to the journey back home. To live a normal day without seeing deaths......to play with my little guy and eat MAcdonalds, watch Genereal Hospital and sit and chat with the girls.

In time. ladies we will have to have a big party when i get home.

again I don't regret one minute of this tour and I will remember the life experiences for the rest of my life. and honestly that little boy will be in my heart forever. seeing him walk out of here was truley a miracle for me. until tomorrow

2 comments:

Pete said...

Hey what about our big guy, will u play with him on your return :)

Mario's said...

Job well done for the little boy, can't save them all!

Joe, Dany and I got together at a little gathering this weekend with our better halves and a few friends. It was good to see the boys together again.

Hope the dishwasher is doing the job, and that the rest of the team is well.

Greetings to all! Always looking forward to read your next post.

Mario