Tuesday 13 March 2007

Work Work Work



Its been a weeks since the CDN died, and a week since I have had the opportunity to write on my blog. Wow I never thought that I could ever work so much. We have had 2 different events of multiple casualties come in. In one of the events we lost 2 patients, one of them we lost on the table preforming a craniotomy. The other one just didn't really have a chance. Last night we lost another one from the same explosion and he just progressivly got worse and worse. For me that is 4 deaths in one week. Again what am I a Dental Tech????
In the first picture that is me just doing my regular STYLIN routine. It was another night that I was called in and well I was going to go outside and get a few things from the reefer. I know you ladies love the style. In the second pic that is me and Kathleen, She is a sweetheart. That was afterthe 20 hour night. I am surprised that I am even smiling and standing. I know that it was 5 hours after that picture I was back at work.
Today I am off.........I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am going to go get a coffee and get some sun. relax and take a breather.
Other than the work, life out here is better than i thought it would be. I mean the deaths and injuries are hard but the people are really good and supportive to everyone. The staff that I work with are really good and respect your time. Roto 2..............the cheif still isn't dancing but he is loosing up. I think that we are going to have a BBQ for St Patricks Day and I am crossing my fingers for BEER!!!! HA HA
We will see.
Anyway fellas I am on my way to get some UV rays. Hope you are all doing really good and I miss you all
Crystal

3 comments:

Mario's said...

Enjoy the down time while it lasts. Don't forget to put some sunscreen on! What are you guys looking at for weather anyways?

Like "the Chief" used to tell me...keep your head down and your spirits up...!

Mario

Lindsay said...

Hey Crystal...thinking of you lots, hope you managed to work on your tan! Must be really getting warm by now, I'm so jealous. Stay Cool!

Lindsay

Joe Salazar said...

Hi Crystal Lite.
Weather in Kandahar for the next 5 days will be sunny and clear with highs of 21-26 and lows of between 6-11. Get your umbrella out though on Sunday the 18th.

I'm Joe your CK OK weather guy reporting to you live from cloudy Ottawa.
OKAYYYYYYY!