Saturday 14 April 2007

Being the Surgeon



Well here i am doing the surgery. Well ok it's not really surgery but i was putting in the wires. The procedure was putting arch bars on the guys upper and lower teeth so we can wrie his jaw shut. Somewhat like braces. You have to hold the arch bars in place with wires. Its kind of like flossing. You put one end of the wire in one side, between the teeth and out the other side. You then pull tight and twist the wire, cut it and then manuover it so it doesn't cut his mouth. The Surgeon let me put them in. And the British Dentist was MY ASSISTANT. Its was totally cool. Every thrird wire the Doc would come over and check on me other than that he was just sitting there chatting with the nurses. I was really glad that he gave me the opportunity to so something neat. Anyway i am on my way to work so i will chat later

2 comments:

Crystal Cool said...

wow, good job babe!

Lindsay said...

Hey girl, you're a pro! Sounds like the OMFS guy is pretty cool. not as 'cool' as you though!! haha I bet you never heard that one before

Lindsay