Friday 13 April 2007

How many more need to die?




It has been a very shitty time for all of us in Afghanistan. Easter Sunday was the deaths of 6 soldier, Monday was a day that we had numberous casulaties come in and then Tuesday night we heard of 2 more Canadians dead. Since Sunday the OR has been non stop with the 2 teams rotating constantly. Covering each other off for rest. Finally i have a bit of time to myself. This morning we had another ramp Ceremony. I have made it to 2 of the 3. I am sad that I couldn't make it to the Ceremony of the 6 fallen soldiers but I was busy in the OR and couldn't make it out. Again this morning at the crack of dawn hundreds of Canadians lined up to salute the other 2 fallen soldiers shown in the pictures. Not only did we lose some Canadians but yesterday we lost a little 8 year old boy to head injuries. At first it really didn't bother me becuase we have seen so many deaths recently that it starts to become normal.............BUT............then i saw the little boy al wrapped up with his Father kneeling beside him crying and praying. That cut deep and it was hard to fight back the tears. It makes you think of my own family. How lucky I really am. I have a strong heathly family that i love with all my heart. I struggle when i see the nnocent affected by all of this killing but i guess i have to take it in.... I am really starting to realize that this is a war zone.
Tomorrow i will write about "MY SURGERY" thats right mine. The oral surgeon let me but in some arcb bars. he sat in a chair while i did all the work. MORE TO FOLLOW!!!
I miss all of you

No comments: