Monday 9 April 2007

Silence Broken - 6 Dead

Who was I to think that the silence would last. The day started off pretty bad with one death of another nation first thing in the morning. We carried on with our day and did a few things and iI was just getting ready to wrap up when i was on the computer and there was a comms lockdown. Something was in the air. Then the anouncement.....................6 dead..........CDN. There isn't much that I can tell you that you are not already reading in the paper, but it was devestating. We did see one guy and he is doing good today. I sat down with him and was shooting the shit. He is in good spirits which is awesome. Come to find out, I know him. I will tell you all more later, its too early to discuss it but it is such a small world!!!!
anyway its hard to deal with and it was really hard to see 2 different Nation flags going at half mass at the same time. I guess its their way of saying Happy Easter eh!!!

2 comments:

mum and dad said...

Well written. You folks had a real rough day but we all know you did what you had to do for those that remained. Keep on trucking that's all you can do.

Lindsay said...

Hey Crystal, I can relate to the feeling of that silence and wondering what's coming next. How awful that it was so bad...a sad weekend for lots of Canadians. When I heard about it on the news I thought immediately of your last post and how it had been so quiet. We went to a memorial service for Vimy Ridge today and they played the Lament (the one the piper plays at most of the ramps) - and I lost it. Hearing that music, I was back in Afghanistan, watching the coffins go by. That stays with you, I can tell you that much. Keep on keepin on - before you know it you'll be home again with your boys.

Take care,
Lindsay